Sunday 16 January 2011

My Solo : Vunerable me

For my first solo I wanted to pick something that reflected and meant something to me. Therefore, I picked the theme of vulnerability which is relevant to me now with starting universirty and i also gained inspiration from song lyrics.
 I worked with structured improvisation rather then set work which was hard as I had never expereinced choreographing in that style. In doing this, I explored each part of the body arms, legs , torso etc and seeing how they can move and the idea of them escaping themselves.

Performing my solo for assesment went better then expected! I was extremely nervous but came out with a 2:1 which has given me alot of confidence with mychoreographic ideas towards dance. Florence Peake assesed me and gave me great feedback and gave me the challenge of working and exploring with my body more.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, you mentioned that you used song lyrics to back up the idea of vulnerability. Which song lyrics were they? Also during your movement you looked almost as if you were trapped in a box. Was this intentional or accidental?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :)

    These song lyrics were ellie gouldings the writer.

    'Why dont you be the artist and make me out of clay, why dont you be the writer and decide the words i say'

    Being trapped in a box was intentional as I thought afterwards that it would have been nice for my audience to be in a square shape.

    ReplyDelete