Monday 14 March 2011

Siobhan Davies Scrapbook

When I registered with Siobhan Davies Replay Archive, I made a scrapbook of her work that stood out to me. Immediately I went to a work that I recognised 'Bird Song.' This was because I had studied it at GCSE and it was nice to see the work that had gone towards it. I looked at the music score, pictures and written notes that I had never seen before. I also looked at the dance from a birds eye view which was very interesting to see as the dance can completely change from what angle you see it. I could now see the very clear patterns in the dancers movements and structure which adds so much more to the dance and my understanding of it.

They asked us to pick out other pieces of her work that related to the pieces we had already chosen however, as I had never seen any more of her work I wanted to look at everything and didn't get time to compare. At the end of the session we got a chance to walk around and look at other peoples scrapbooks to see how similar or different they were. It was really nice to see how many other people chose bird song for their scrap book and how many of them had studied and shared an interest in it like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment