Sunday 11 December 2011

The beginning of Rooted Dance Company

I have started a new and exciting journey for my second year of uni!!
For performance projects we have been put into dance companies I have been put with Denise Rowe.
Our company has started to work together and work with certain scores so we get used to dancing together and prepare for our workshops with denise.



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150336049492061&oid=184839424929099

This link is one of first scores we worked with:

LISTEN
to the sounds of the room
eyes closed  in silence
what is the soundscape of this place/event?
the breath footfall heartbeat

warm up in silence - sounds of the room as a score
open a door to let the sounds in from outside

1 comment:

  1. I found this score interesting, as I found I was distracted by things that I felt like I shouldn't be focussing on. As Julia pointed out, why can't distraction be a good thing? Should be natural and not forced?

    ReplyDelete